March 20 Upcoming Webinar: Harrison High School 21st Century Program
March 6, 2012 in information, Webinar
Join us Tuesday, March 20, at 3:30 p.m. (Mountain Time) for a conversation about creating and running a school devoted to learning for the 21st century
. The webinar will be conducted in the CoLearning Network space
on AdobeConnect. Rick Freehling (Critical Thinking & Reasoning/Economics & Globalization Teacher and Department Chair for the 21st Century Program
at Harrison High School) will lead the conversation.
Now in its fifth year, Harrison’s 21st Cenury Program focuses on critical thinking and construction of knowledge in a “global” classroom. Topics the webinar will explore include:
· assessment of skills and habits of mind;
· re-thinking the “core” of a curriculum;
· co-learning with students while facilitating their learning;
· issues of creating a school-within-a-school and innovating in a model NCLB district;
· the learning outcomes from thinking and acting globally as well as locally.
If you have not used Adobe Connect before, we recommend that you link to the webinar site 5 minutes early, so you can dowload and test the connection software.
If you cannot join the webinar, a recording will be posted on the CoLearning site
by the next day.
CoLearning at the Unconference – 2-25-12