March 20 Webinar: Harrison High School 21st Century Program
March 12, 2012 in Uncategorized
UPDATE: If you missed our March 20 webinar (Harrison HIgh School 21st Century Program), you can watch and listen to the webinar’s archived recording
. You’ll want to start 1 1/2 minutes into the recording.
Additionally: Here are two of the rubrics they use in the program:
CLN’s March 20 webinar provided a conversation about creating and running a school devoted to learning for the 21st century
. Rick Freehling (Critical Thinking & Reasoning/Economics & Globalization Teacher and Department Chair for the 21st Century Program
at Harrison High School) led the conversation.
Now in its fifth year, Harrison’s 21st Cenury Program focuses on critical thinking and construction of knowledge in a “global” classroom. Topics the webinar explored include:
· assessment of skills and habits of mind;
· re-thinking the “core” of a curriculum;
· co-learning with students while facilitating their learning;
· issues of creating a school-within-a-school and innovating in a model NCLB district;
· the learning outcomes from thinking and acting globally as well as locally.
March 20 Upcoming Webinar: Harrison High School 21st Century Program