Retooling CLN Webinars
The CLN webinar scheduled for December 17 has been postponed while we rethink how to make the webinars more directly and concretely useful in educators’ practice. We expect to resume the webinar series on Monday, January 21.
Questions we are considering — and on which we would value comments from CLN participants — include:
- What Colorado Academic Standards (e.g., 21st century skills, language targets, etc.) should CLN webinars?
- What concrete outcomes are most urgent and/or valuable for CLN webinar participants?
- What enduring issues/questions/concerns should the CLN webinars explore?
- How would webinar presenters and participants know that desired outcomes are being accomplished?
CoLearning Network webinars are conducted on the third Monday of every month, at 3:30 p.m. Join the free webinar at http://connect.enetcolorado.org/colearn/ as a guest.
11-12-12: Why Student Naturalists Love Learning at School in the Woods
Jonathan Wuerth, co-founder of the School in the Woods (Academy School District 20), along with students at the school, described how a school can “inspire…students to be critical thinkers as they pursue lifelong learning through direct interaction with living systems, integrated into an academically challenging curriculum in a safe environment.”
Watch/Hear a recording of the webinar.
10-15-12: Learning and Teaching for 21st Century Skills
Becky Russell (senior library consultant for CDE) and Phil Goerner (media/information specialist for Silver Creek High School in St. Vrain SD) described how collaborative work at Silver Creek is developing stronger student learning in information literacy and other 21st century skills.
- Watch/Hear a recording of the webinar.
- An annotated chat log, with numerous comments, questions, and resources related to the presentation, will be posted by 11/29/12.
9-17-12: Learning Through Simulations
Mike Vaughan, whose company designs complex, extended simulations for companies and organizations, discusses the power of simulations to support “value-skills” learning (decision-making, solving complex problems, and collaboration) through safely real experiences that enable learners to think creatively, collaboratively, and critically.
But wait! There’s more! You can also…
Go to the 2011-12 Webinars page for a thumbnail description of our previous webinars and the links for resources and/or archived recordings of those webinars.